While you’re preparing for the changing seasons, don’t forget to make sure your car is ready as well. Temperatures drop can affect your car’s abilities, so it’s important that you take this time to get your automobile checked out by your trusted local auto repair shop to ensure it’s safe.
When you schedule a maintenance service appointment, make sure your mechanic checks these 7 things to keep your vehicle operating at its best:
- Check the heating and air conditioning (HVAC) systems as proper heating and cooling performance are critical for interior comfort and for safety reasons such as defrosting.
- Check the hoses and belts to make sure they are not cracked, frayed, loose or showing signs of excessive wear.
- Check the battery. Make sure the connection is clean, tight and corrosion-free.
- Check the brake system annually and have the brake linings, rotors and drums inspected at every oil change.
- Inspect the exhaust system for leaks, damage and broken supports or hangers if there is an unusual noise. Exhaust leaks can be dangerous and must be corrected without delay.
- Inspect the steering and suspension system including shock absorbers, struts and chassis parts such as ball joints, tie rod ends and other related components.
- Check your vehicle’s tires, including tire pressure and tread. Uneven wear indicates a need for wheel alignment. Tires should also be checked for bulges and bald spots.
This the perfect time to fall into a vehicle maintenance program and get your car ready for the challenges of harsh winter weather.
231 total views, 1 views today